If you are planning to sell or lease a property, placing an advert on the property is a useful way to highlight its availability. Whether an estate or lettings agent, or someone deciding to sell their property privately, you can legally display certain types of advert on the property while it is to let or for sale, providing that you follow the guidelines below.
- You can only display one advert consisting of one single or two joined boards.
- Advertisements may only be used with the consent of the site owner of the land on which they are displayed.
- Advertisements for residential properties must not exceed 0.5 square metres for a single board or 0.6 square metres for two joined boards.
- If you are displaying your sign on a building, the maximum projection from the face of the property is one metre.
- You are not permitted to illuminate your advertisement in any way.
- No part of the property sale sign can be higher than 4.6 metres above ground level. If you are advertising an isolated part of the building that is not on the ground floor, you must display your sign at the lowest level possible on that part of the property.
- Signs must be kept clean, tidy and in a safe condition at all times.
- Property sale signs must not obscure footpaths or pose hazards to pedestrians or vehicles.
- You cannot advertise that a piece or land or a property has been sold or let with a new advert, but you can add this information to an existing sign if you wish to do so.
- The advert must be removed within 14 days of the tenancy agreement being signed or completion of the sale.
Obtaining a legal property sale sign
Big Value Banners produces Correx signs that are perfect for property sale signs. They can be made to your specifications provided that they follow the above rules. We use lightweight, 4mm Correx with a corrugated centre and trimmed sides, giving you a clear, professional and long-lasting sign for your property.
Suitable for indoor and outdoor use, we offer high-quality, full colour print capabilities so your property sale sign will be attractive and easy to read. Best of all, they are extremely durable, so your sign will be able to withstand the elements until your property is sold or let. If you would like further advice about our Correx signs or our broad range of banners, contact Big Value Banners today on 01939 260 377.